Michelle Suskauer is the managing partner of The Suskauer Law Firm, a boutique criminal defense firm located in West Palm Beach, FL. Michelle began her legal career as an assistant public defender in West Palm Beach. She has been practicing in Palm Beach County since 1991 with a focus in criminal law in both state and federal courts. She and her law firm have handled thousands of criminal cases.
Michelle serves on The Florida Bar Board of Governors and is the Chairperson of the Disciplinary Review Committee.
Michelle is an AV rated attorney by Martindale-Hubbell, which indicates that an attorney has reached “the height of professional excellence” and is recognized for the “highest skill and integrity.”
Michelle Suskauer is the best attorney! She has strong negotiating skills, lots of experience with the court system and is a true professional.
Michelle is one of the most experienced, dedicated and compassionate trial lawyers in Palm Beach County. She is highly regarded by judges, prosecutors, law enforcement and her peers. She is known for her creative solutions to complicated problems and for her client advocacy. She is passionate about helping her clients receive the needed services to correct their circumstances so that they do not become repeat offenders.
Michelle is actively involved in the leadership of numerous local and state legal organizations. She serves on the Florida Bar Board of Governors, 15th Judicial Circuit. She currently chairs the Board’s Disciplinary Review Committee, and is past chair of the Communications Committee and the 2013 Annual Convention of the Florida Bar. Michelle has served on the Executive Committee and Strategic Planning Committee of the Florida’s Bar Board of Governors for the past 3 years. She is Past-President of the Palm Beach County Bar Association, Past-President of the Florida Association for Women Lawyers – Palm Beach County Chapter and currently Vice President of the Board of Directors of the Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County. She has been recognized in the annual Florida Super Lawyers Magazine as one of Florida’s top criminal defense attorneys and by Florida Trend Magazine as one of Florida’s “Legal Elite” in its annual statewide poll of attorneys.
Michelle is a nationally known legal analyst who regularly appears on CNN, FOX NEWS, MSNBC, NBC, and CNBC. She has made hundreds of television appearances including The O’Reilly Factor, The Abrams Report, The Today Show, Good Morning America, NBC Nightly News, Hannity & Colmes, Nancy Grace, Anderson Cooper 360, and The Big Idea with Donny Deutsch. Michelle is also the legal analyst for Palm Beach County’s NBC affiliate WPTV NewsChannel 5, Fox affiliate WFLX 29, NEWSRADIO 1290 WJNO, and 850 WFTL.
Some of the legal issues and cases Michelle has covered include: Trayvon Martin, O.J. Simpson, Rush Limbaugh, Jessica Lunsford, Anna Nicole Smith, Duke Lacrosse Rape Case, Debra LaFave, John Couey, Andrea Yates, Natalee Holloway, Carlie Brucia, Casey Anthony, Howard Stern and Paris Hilton.
- Criminal Defense
- Domestic Violence
- DUI Offenses
- Juvenile Offenses
- Narcotics Offenses
- Sexual Offenses
- Violent Offenses
- White Collar Crimes
- Federal Offenses
- Florida, 1991
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for South Carolina
- Boston University (Communications), B.A., 1988
- American University, J.D. degree, 1991
Awards & Honors
- Recipient of the prestigious Annual Justice Barbara Pariente Award from the Palm Beach County chapter of Florida Association of Women Lawyers (FAWL).
- Martindale Hubbell – AV Preeminent Rating
- Florida Super Lawyers
- Florida Trend Magazine’s Legal Elite
- “Serving Justice”Award, The Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County
- Women in Power Award, National Counsel for Jewish Women
- Special Recognition Award, Character Counts program, School District of Palm Beach County
- Pro Bono Recognition Award, The Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County, Adopt-A-Case and Breakfast and Books Programs
Professional Associations and Leadership Activities
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, President 2009-2010
- Member since 1993, Board Member 2004-2011
- Past Chair of Judicial Relations Committee
- Past Chair Criminal Practice Committee
- Past Chair Bench Bar Conference
- The Florida Bar, Board of Governors 15th Judicial Circuit 2010-Present
- Criminal Law Certification Committee 2002-2006
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers, President 2002-2003
- Member since 1991
- Created “Adopt-A-Case” program
- Created “Breakfast and Books” mentoring program, gaining statewide recognition and honors from Department of Juvenile Justice and Just Read! Florida. This program provides mentoring to at-risk girls both in the Department of Juvenile Justice residential custody as well as through the PACE Center for Girls.
- Chairperson, Holiday Children’s Bookfest supporting Legal Aid’s Children’s Fund (2003 – Present)
- Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County, Board of Directors 2005-Present
- 2007 & 2008 Co-Chair Pro Bono Recognition Event
- American Inns of Court, Emeritus Member
- Past Chair of Programming
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Past Board Member Palm Beach County Chapter
- Guest Lecturer, Department of Juvenile Justice
- Guest Lecturer, Palm Beach County School District
- Guest Lecturer, Florida Atlantic University
Media Appearances – Legal Analyst
- NBC (The Today Show, Nightly News)
- ABC (Good Morning America)
- CNBC (The Big Idea with Donny Deutsch)
- CNN (Prime News, Anderson Cooper 360, Headline News, Nancy Grace, Issues with Jane Velez-Mitchell)
- Fox News (Hannity & Colmes, The O’Reilly Factor, The Line-Up)
- MSNBC (The Abrams Report, Verdict with Dan Abrams, Politics Nation)
- WPTV News Channel 5
- 1290 WJNO
- 850 WFTL